Saturday, December 27, 2014

2015 Reading Challenge





I've decided to attempt the 2015 Reading Challenge from Popsugar. It's kept popping up to my attention from several difference sources . As I read down the list I thought it sounds achievable, although not necessarily easy. Several of these categories will force me out of my normal reading comfort zone, which may prove to be a good thing.

I believe we are to stick to one title per category, even if a given books does fit into two or three. I don't think it's necessary to tick them off the list in order. It's fine to do it randomly, as long as we end up covering everything on the list. So each week, I'll aim to tick one off among my reviews, to cover all 50 (or 52 counting the trilogy).

My question is who would like to have a go with me? I like the thought of accountability and encouragement. I challenge everyone to make it a goal for 2015. Otherwise, I hope you'll follow my attempt to carry this out anyway.

4 comments:

  1. A book that takes place in my hometown? I'd be grateful for one set in my country!

    Thinking about joining you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iola, I think you could be excused for choosing anything set in NZ. I'll be searching for Adelaide settings, rather than Mt Barker myself :)
      I hope you do. 50 (or 52) sounds like a manageable chunk from your usual 200 plus, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. Now this seems like a lot of fun :) Sometimes as a reviewer of books, reading feels more manic, and I think this challenge would actually slow things down a bit and make you appreciate reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embassie, I'm hoping that will be turn out to be the case. It'll be an interesting year, that's for sure, with some books I wouldn't normally have chosen.

      Delete