Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Many-Coloured Realm" by Anne Hamilton




I feel as if my feet haven’t touched back into the real world yet. Many-Coloured Realm is like no other parable, fantasy, allegory or epic I’ve ever read before. What a stunning stand-off between the forces of good and evil! Those fantastic characters have still got a hold on my mind. Genius!
Robby and Chris have entered the shabby, colourless realm of the goblins to rescue Chris’ brother Stephen from a hopeless looking predicament. But how can they help when the king of the goblin realm is so deliberately vague about what their quest will involve? What is he trying to hide? Their journey to find out involves meetings with elves, sprites, sirens, a helpful muse and a forgetful phoenix. What they finally discover is mind-blowing.
As a fantasy author and homeschooling mother myself, plenty of fantasy has passed through our doors. Lewis, Tolkien, Rodda, Rowling, L’Engle and Colfer to name just a few. Many-Coloured Realm is second to none. A book that combines drama and science with nail-biting suspense is a book to be held onto. Add the whimsical and hilarious and you have a classic!
Publisher: Wombat Books
Genre: Children/Young Adult fantasy
I was pleased to find out that "Many-Coloured Realm" picked up a finalist award in the International Book Awards for 2011.

Many-Coloured Realm

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this book too but admit I was confused for the first part but preserving it became clear as I kept reading and got better and better.

    ReplyDelete